Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Saturday of Checking Stuff Off the List

On Saturday Michael and I had two very important meetings which led us to drink a lot of coffee!

Our first meeting was at 10:30 at Coffee Culture (which makes a mean black and white mocha!) with our pastor Randal. I don't know why I was as nervous as I was since Michael and I have known Randal the majority of our lives, but I was so jittery!! Randal is the youth pastor at the church we have attended forever (I came there in 2nd grade and Michael was there before me) which is why he seemed like the perfect person to ask to be our officiant. He said that he would be happy to be a part of our wedding, and we discussed some preliminary details. 

Officiant: check!

The second meeting was at Starbucks (seeing caffeinated theme here?) with a wonderful photographer that was recommended to us by a family friend.  When we walked in I wasn't sure what to expect, there were all sorts of people sitting in the room.  An older man with a computer who didn't look too friendly (I hope its not him), a young unprofessional guy eating a pastry and staring aimlessly out the window (not so sure I trust him with the most important pictures of my life...) a couple of young women sitting and chatting over coffee (well thats obviously not him) and right in the center a young blonde man wearing a well fitting sport coat (yes.)

We sat down and started chatting about the different packages he offered and looked at pictures of weddings he has done in the past.  As it turns out, it is only his 4th year doing wedding photography (which you would NEVER be able to guess by looking at the pictures) and because of that, his prices and options are perfectly within our budget!  After talking it over with Michaels mom and my mom (who met us there) we said yes and signed the contract!

Photographer: check!

I am so excited that we can mark two really important (and time sensitive) things off our (long..) list of things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment