Saturday, January 26, 2013

How many dresses can you put on until they all look the same?

How many dresses can you truly put on before they just start to look like white dresses? ... some.

With only 6-7 months until the wedding, I had to start dress shopping ASAP so on January 19th my mom and I went on our first dress shopping expedition!  It was totally spur of the moment, but we ended up getting an appointment at one shop and on the waiting list at another.  

We drove up to Portland where Michael's mom and aunt met us to look at dresses.  I loved the very first dress I tried on and to this day I'm still in love with it BUT I was kind of alone in the feeling and I wanted to try others on to see what I actually liked on me.  I ended up trying on about seven dresses at the first place we went.  



After the first store, my mom and I decided to drive to the store where we were on the waiting list just to poke around and see what was there.  To our amazement there was an open appointment right when we got there and I got to try on dresses! I tried on about seven more at this store and my mom was head over heels in love with a tea length dress.  Although I loved it, it was a little to Alice in Wonderland/Princessy for me.




By this time it was about dinner time and we called it quits for the night and decided to grab some dinner and head home.

The next weekend was the second expedition that turned into a crazy experience.  Saturday morning mom, dad, Hannah and I drove up to Salem for a wedding expo that we thought would be fun and give us some good ideas. We looked at photography, dresses, ate all the food samples that we could shove in our mouths, and all the cakes!  There was so much to take in but it was so much fun! There was even a wedding fashion show!

Well after the expo we had an appointment at a bridal shop to try on dresses.  My bridesmaids Cassie and Nehala met up with us at the shop, and dad left to go back home. We tried on a ton of dresses and couldn't figure out what exactly I wanted until finally I found one that everyone fell in love with.  It was beautiful.  White charmeuse with a blingy belt a fit and flare skirt with a ruched sweetheart top. Lovely. 




Unfortunately I am a terrible decision maker and couldn't actually "say yes to the dress" until I was absolutely positive about it.  We ended up leaving it there and heading to a different store where Michael's mom Kathleen and his sister (and bridesmaid) Alaina met us.  All the girls tried on bridesmaid dresses and we actually ended up making a decision within an hour or so of them trying them on!

I only tried on two dresses at the store since there wasn't much time left in the appointment but I am incredibly happy that I did because thats when I found my dress!  I didn't know it at the time but the second dress I put on was the one that I would have for my wedding.  

Mom and I decided to go back to the store on Sunday to try it on again and when I did, I never wanted to take it off, sooooo I said yes to the dress!  No pictures of that one though, its a secret for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment