Sunday, February 3, 2013

Asking the Kiddos

Keaton and Ella are my parents best friends kids that Michael and I have known since they were born.  We have babysat them more times than I can count and have watched them grow up.  Although both Michael and I have cousins that are the perfect age to be a flower girl and ring bearer we decided that Keaton and Ella were the right choice.  They are wonderfully behaved and the sweetest kids that you'll ever meet.

We decided to make them each a little box (in our wedding colors) and write them a note asking them to be our flower girl/ring bearer.  On Sunday morning (2/3/2013) our families went out to lunch where we gave the kiddos the boxes we made them.  They are in 1st and 2nd grade so they are both in the process of learning to read which made what happen next even better.



As they were sounding out the words to their notes they both reached the words "flower girl" and "ring bearer" at about the same time.  Ella's face lit up so bright it made my heart so happy!  Keaton was a little more vocal with his acceptance of his new job by yelling "I GET TO BE THE FLOWER MAN!" 

I wasn't expecting them to react in the way that they did. I figured Ella would be excited because she got to wear a pretty dress and hold the flowers, and I kind of thought that Keaton wouldn't even really know what a ring bearer was.  Their elated responses seriously made my wedding planning a thousand times better!


No comments:

Post a Comment