Sunday, February 10, 2013

Boys are more difficult than girls?

This Sunday all of the groomsmen, Michael and I piled in the car and made our way to Salem to find some suits for the boys!  When we started the journey I didn't expect it to be difficult at all, my only specifications were:


It has to be medium gray
You all (the boys) have to agree on the price
If you want accessories (other than a tie because I get full control of that!) you need to decide as a group


Shouldn't be too hard to find right? Especially since all the boys are essentially the same shape just with height differences. Wrong. It was exceedingly difficult to find something that everyone liked, that fit everyone properly, that was wool (that was the boys aka. my brother Ryan's specification) and that was in stock.  We started out at Burlington Coat factory and found a lot of options there that were okay, but only one that we found that was wool so we decided to continue on.

After getting into a parking altercation with a grumpy family we grabbed some lunch at Red Robin and then left for Macy's.  I would have assumed that Macy's would have a wide variety of suits (like they normally do) however, that was the exact opposite of what we found.  So off to JC Penny we went assuming the same thing.. of course they will have suits, its a big store and it always does. False.  Same problem, there were only a few suits and none of which were right for the occasion.  

Finally since I had to go pick up my wedding dress in the same area, we decided to go to Mens Wearhouse to check out the situation.  We found a lot of good suits, but they were really expensive (until I found out that I get 50% off all suits!)  

Finally we decided to meet back to Burlington Coat factory after Ryan and I picked up my dress! (YAY) and try on the ones that we very first loved.  All the boys like it and it was a good price, and then we found out a problem.  They can't get any other sizes, what is there is what they've got.  So much for that.  

So after a whole frustrating day of un-opinioned boys trying on suits we left empty handed.  Who would have thought that finding gray suits for four tall thin boys would be more difficult than finding a dress that fits four very different shaped, sized, and height girls?? 

not I... but heres some funny pictures from the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment