Saturday, February 9, 2013

All about cake.

If you know me at all you probably know about my love of cake.  I love making cake, I love decorating cake, and I love eating cake.

So on Saturday we did something that I was suuuppper excited about. Yes. We tasted cake.

The baker met us at my parents house in Corvallis and brought all sorts of flavors from white chocolate to pink champagne to chocolate hazelnut to lemon and more! She also brought a variety of different fillings to mix and match with cake flavors.  

And we were off, cutting the cupcakes, tasting fillings, changing filling flavors with different cakes, eating frosting and everything delicious that you could imagine.  Between my mom, dad, Michael and I we devoured about ten cupcakes... with frosting.. and fillings...

Our favorites ended up being the white chocolate (my personal fave), pink champagne, and lemon (each with a different berry filling, but not too much, just enough).  There was also a delicious whipped cream cheese filling that I loved so much that I may or may not have just eaten it with the spoon... but I got overruled so it didn't make it into the favorites list.

We also discussed the design of the cake which I'm very excited about, but just like the dress its a secret until the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment