Friday, January 11, 2013

The beautiful ladies

If you're reading this, you probably already know that my best friend and maid of honor Kelly is currently living in Oklahoma for nursing school (bummer).  So, I decided that I should make moves and ask all of my bridesmaids while she was still in Oregon.  

It all started when Kelly and my mom drove down to Eugene on a whim and we went to look at bridesmaid dresses (and ended up trying on 4-5 wedding dresses!)  Kelly tried on about ten dresses and we hated almost all of them except a lovely plum, stretch satin, ruched, one shoulder dress.

I decided that I would make each girl a little gift to ask them to be a bridesmaid. What that gift was however... I had no idea.  I started by going to Michael's crafts to find inspiration.  I thought about framing a picture of each girl and I and writing them a letter, or "proposing" to each of them individually, one idea after another until finally I decided to paint them each a heart box, fill it with candy, and write them each a letter about our friendship.  

On Friday night (1/11) I invited all the girls to my parents house for a girls wine night/going away mini fiesta for Kelly.  Kelly already knew that I was asking the other girls but she didn't know she was getting a box too.  Once everyone was there I passed out my little gifts.  Everyone loved the boxes and notes (and the mint m&m's that were inside of course!) and gladly accepted! 



No comments:

Post a Comment