Wednesday, July 10, 2013

One Month and Counting!

Alright folks, we are thirty days away! Yes, you read that right, exactly one month from today! Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday that M and I were trying to decide on a date.

June slipped right through my fingers and so much has happened since my last post due to the busy-ness of my psycho Spanish test, teaching, finals, both graduations, summer classes, job hunting, not to mention going out of my mind because I'm a control freak perfectionist trying to plan a wedding!

Big things happened in June.  I guess we should start with my frenemy: flowers.  We decided on centerpieces AND bouquets AND boutonnieres AND corsages BAM.  They are going to be mostly white flowers with some purple to add color and excitement.  We (I...) ended up loving the look of ruffly flowers like hydrangeas and carnations which will both be making an appearance on the day.  Here's my inspiration, hopefully the real things is just as gorgeous!


Bride Bouquet^


Bridesmaid Bouquet^


Oh so pretty^


Boutonniere Option 1^


Boutonniere Option 2^


Mom's and Grandma's corsages^

Another big part of June was the clothing! The girls dresses are all picked up and hanging in their closets beautifully, Michael has a dashing new suit, dad has a new suit, grandparents outfits are accounted for, now we are just waiting on the boys to get shirts and shoes and mom to decide on one of the many dresses she has tried on, all lovely but we haven't found 'the one' yet.

Another note on clothing, I had my first and second dress fittings with Chiarra and we are going on an adventure on Monday to get more supplies!  Luckily she didn't have to change the hem because it is the perfect length, which is possibly the first time in my whole life something has been the right length (how someone over 5'4" wears my dress baffles me... but no complaints here!) But she did take four inches out of the waist, I know all of those bootcamp sessions would pay off!  Another special touch we are adding is taking the buttons from my grandma Ann's wedding dress which my mom also wore and adding them to mine.  Although I have my own brand spanking new dress (eeeee!), over the 4th of July at the cabin, we decided to take a trip down memory lane, heres how it turned out:



Surprisingly mom and grandma's dress fit like a glove and it in pretty good condition for an over 50 year old dress that has been crammed in a trunk in a shed for the last 25.

Good preservation of your gown mom. :)

The next item of business is hair, a few weeks ago on the day of my friend Claire and my long lost cousin John's wedding, Nehala and I went for a small jaunt to Newport to get my hair trial done.  Although it was a short little trip, its always a blast spending time with the lovely ladies in my life :)  My hair turned out great, not exactly how I wanted, but close enough that with a few minor changes it will be faboo! but as with my wedding attire, its a secret so no pictures today!

On to food which is quickly becoming frenemy number two, only at least I can devour it which I cannot do to the flowers.  I guess now is a good time to tell everyone, well everyone who reads my silly blog at least, that we are not having an actual dinner at the wedding.

...pause for shock value... 

BUT we are having some delicious food and there will be plenty for everyone to eat!  We decided that rather than have a sit down dinner of dry chicken or fish that gets cold on its way to you or standing in a line holding your plate (not that plated dinner and buffet's are bad options because I've been to some weddings with dang good food recently, *shout out to the Cary family and Claire* its just not us.) that we were going to do a cocktail style reception.  This means (assuming everything goes according to plan) that there will be plenty of seating, but there will also be standing tables and food horderves/appetizers/snacks/treats/whatever-you-want-to-call-them-small-foods throughout the room and more substantial soups for those who actually want to sit and eat a full meal.  

Personally I've never loved the feeling of getting dressed up in some dress with spanx that cut off circulation to my brain but make my dress smooth so its worth it heels and then stuffing myself with dinner and needing to sit the rest of the night, so I didn't want our guests to feel that way either.  While we haven't finalized the menu yet, actually we've barely started, I can tell you that there will be a variety of things to taste! If you have any ideas or special requests for something that you think would be delicious for a crowd of 150, facebook me or text me and let me know! 

Here's some examples of things that you might see there...






So now that I've told you my June life story, any questions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment